Today I've uploaded version 1.8.1 of EPOS 4 Excel. This is a minor update with one bug fix regarding the reprint receipt facility.
Just some minor updates and bug fixes this time:
New features / changes:
1) Changed tax settings page so that % tax rate is now shown to 4 decimal places.
2) Added delete saved sales to the security options so you can now restrict access to this features
1) Fixed a bug where regional number settings (, for decimal separator) sometimes cause E4E not to find a product on the sales screen
2) Re-fixed the reprint receipt feature which crashed when you tried to use it.
It has been a while since I last released a version, but today I released EPOS 4 Excel v1.7.3. Below are the new feature / bug fixes details.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.7.3 (5th February 2015)
New features / changes:
1) Added new reports - 'Products sold report 2' & 'Transaction deals / discount report'
2) Added option to notify the till operator at the end of a sale if a product goes out of stock (stock levels screen)
3) Disabled the check online for updates to the E4E worksheet feature.
4) Added a 'make last sale an order' button on the current sale screen.
5) Added the ability to save customer orders in a different file for each till
6) A behind the scenes change to the way E4E calculates item prices in the sales data this will only affect the occasional item price by 0.01 in the sales data.
1) The item autocomplete button did not appear when you entered sales training mode. This has now been fixed.
2) Fixed the reprint receipt feature which crashed when you tried to use it.
3) Fixed an issue when item codes were numeric and contained leading zeros which was accidently caused in the last release. This caused E4E not always find items whose item codes contained leading zeros.
4) When using the fast payment option for a pre-pay customer order, the receipt did not say 'this is payment for a pre-paid order’. This is now fixed - receipt is consistent across the fast pay and full payments screen.
5) Fixed an issue with the receipt where it didn't always show the date in the local date format.
6) Fixed a bug where if you deleted an item from a sale by entering quantity 0, E4E wouldn't always let you complete the sale.
7) Fixed a bug where if you added a new product with a new tax code via the products menu it would cause an error.
I have released EPOS 4 Excel v1.6.1 to the website. This includes some bug fixes and some important new features:
New features / changes:
1) Added the ability to save a sale and come back to it later on the current sale screen.
2) Increased the number of possible quick products buttons on the current sale screen from 11 to 26
3) Added the ability to import and export all E4E settings apart from receipt / gift voucher logos. This should make the upgrade process easier when new versions of E4E are released.
4) Changed Sales assistant total sales report to include refund amounts
5) Increased the number of sales data columns in the sales data file by 6. This means that the number of possible sales data columns is greater than the of possible sales data fields and you can be more flexible in the layout of the sales data.
6) Changed the import products function so you can choose whether to not import deal codes, update deal codes or replace deal codes.
7) Added a user defined sales field. When enabled you are asked to enter the field information when you complete a sale. The field information will be saved in the sales data and you can opt to show it on the receipt as well.
8) Added a new report to show the transaction numbers of those transactions where the user defined sales field contains data on a specific date.
9) Added the option to automatically send a duplicate receipt to a secondary printer attached to the till.
1) Fixed a bug where E4E generated gift vouchers were not printed if using the fastpay window when selling gift vouchers.
2) Fixed a problem when choosing an item code for E4E gift vouchers that was numeric. E4E wouldn't recognise it. E4E now recognises item codes for E4E gift vouchers which are numeric and alphanumeric.
3) Fixed a bug where the changes to the sales data layout were not saved for the last two sales data columns.
4) On product import if a row you were importing had a cell containing #N/A (cell error) this would cause E4E to crash. E4E now tests for this situation and warns the user, cancelling the import.
5) Corrected a bug that happened sometimes when adding products to the sale using the product search button. This bug was inadvertently introduced in v1.5.2 when correcting an issue with product codes with leading zeros.
6) Fixed a bug where if the prefix to the sale transaction number was numeric rather than alphanumeric this would cause E4E to crash. It now works for both numeric and alphanumeric transaction numbers.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.5.1 has been released to the website for details about all bug fixes and changes included in this release see the version history page of this website. Minor changes are some new reports, the ability to reprint any receipt if you now the transaction number and a new way of completing prepaid orders.
Today I have released version 1.4.4 of EPOS 4 Excel. This is a minor update which fixes some bugs and adds a new feature: When changing an items price on the sales screen the optional window that asks for a reason for the price change now gives you the option to permanently update the items price on the product list.
For full details of updates in this release see the version history.
Today I have released version 1.4.3 of EPOS 4 Excel. This version simply fixes a bug on the add / alter product form which I inadvertantly introduced in version 1.4.2. If you tried to enter an item code which was not numeric this caused E4E to crash and report an error. This has been fixed and no errors are now caused for alphanumeric item codes.
Today I have released EPOS 4 Excel v1.4.2 to the website. This is essentially a bug fixing update. There was a major bug when selling items with partial quantities rather than whole quantities which meant the partial quantities were not recognised. This has been fixed. Other minor changes in E4E v1.4.2 are:
1) Added new report 'products sold sales amount'
2) Added keyboard short cuts on the add / alter product window
3) Altered the wording of the column heading 'date total sales (inc. tax)' on the 'tax by date' report to 'date total sales (gross)'. The old wording could be misleading and imply the figure only included sum of the taxable products gross prices where as it is made up of the sum of gross prices of both taxable and non-taxable products sold.
1) Some users had problems on the add / alter products form as it wouldn't recognise what was a valid number for an item price. This has now been fixed and the user is warned as they type in the box if they type an invalid character.
2) When selling items with non-integer quantities the sale price was not always
calculated correctly to take into account the fractional part of the quantity.
This has now been fixed.
3) Some behind the scenes changes to the code make
E4E more compatible with regional number formats
Today I have released EPOS 4 Excel version 1.4.1 which includes various improvements, bug fixes and new features including:
1) The ability to print and redeem your own gift vouchers.
2) Product prices can now either include or exclude sales tax. If prices exclude sales tax then receipts are printed in a US style and if prices include tax then receipts are printed in a UK style. (See p.71 of the user manual for examples of the receipts look like).
3) An optional fast pay window which can be used if the customer pays in full using a single payment method.
4) An optional item code auto complete window on the sale screen.
5) A new report - tax by date and tax code.
Due to the fact that I work on E4E in my spare time and I have other projects I need to work on, I am currently having to take a break from developing E4E. There will not be another version which includes new features in the near future. I will however continue to respond to support requests, answer questions on the forums and release a new version with any bug fixes if necessary.
E4E version 1.3.1 was released on 26th July 2012 ahead of schedule and I am thinking of the next version already!! A feature request I have received is for E4E to be able to print / redeem gift vouchers. This is going to be my major project for adding to E4E for version 1.4 plus a few other minor improvements. I am hoping it will be ready for release sometime in the early autumn.