EPOS 4 Excel Version History
EPOS 4 Excel v1.8.1 (26th March 2016)
No new features / changes
1) Fixed a bug on the reprint receipt feature which caused a crash when you had the option to store nominals rather
than payment methods in the sales data turned on.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.8.0 (18th February 2016)
New features / changes:
1) Changed tax settings page so that % tax rate is now shown to 4 decimal places.
2) Added delete saved sales to the security options so you can now restrict access to this features
1) Fixed a bug where regional number settings (, for decimal separator) sometimes cause E4E not to find a product on the sales screen
2) Re-fixed the reprint receipt feature which crashed when you tried to use it.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.7.3 (5th February 2015)
New features / changes:
1) Added new reports - 'Products sold report 2' & 'Transaction deals / discount report'
2) Added option to notify the till operator at the end of a sale if a product goes out of stock (stock levels screen)
3) Disabled the check online for updates to the E4E worksheet feature.
4) Added a 'make last sale an order' button on the current sale screen.
5) Added the ability to save customer orders in a different file for each till
6) A behind the scenes change to the way E4E calculates item prices in the sales data this will only affect the occasional item price by 0.01 in the sales data.
1) The item autocomplete button did not appear when you entered sales training mode. This has now been fixed.
2) Fixed the reprint receipt feature which crashed when you tried to use it.
3) Fixed an issue when item codes were numeric and contained leading zeros which was accidently caused in the last release. This caused E4E not always find items whose item codes contained leading zeros.
4) When using the fast payment option for a pre-pay customer order, the receipt did not say 'this is payment for a pre-paid order’. This is now fixed - receipt is consistent across the fast pay and full payments screen.
5) Fixed an issue with the receipt where it didn't always show the date in the local date format.
6) Fixed a bug where if you deleted an item from a sale by entering quantity 0, E4E wouldn't always let you complete the sale.
7) Fixed a bug where if you added a new product with a new tax code via the products menu it would cause an error.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.6.1 (25th October 2013)
New features / changes:
1) Added the ability to save a sale and come back to it later on the current sale screen.
2) Increased the number of possible quick products buttons on the current sale screen from 11 to 26
3) Added the ability to import and export all E4E settings apart from receipt / gift voucher logos. This should make the upgrade process easier when new versions of E4E are released.
4) Changed Sales assistant total sales report to include refund amounts
5) Increased the number of sales data columns in the sales data file by 6. This means that the number of possible sales data columns is greater than the of possible sales data fields and you can be more flexible in the layout of the sales data.
6) Changed the import products function so you can choose whether to not import deal codes, update deal codes or replace deal codes.
7) Added a user defined sales field. When enabled you are asked to enter the field information when you complete a sale. The field information will be saved in the sales data and you can opt to show it on the receipt as well.
8) Added a new report to show the transaction numbers of those transactions where the user defined sales field contains data on a specific date.
9) Added the option to automatically send a duplicate receipt to a secondary printer attached to the till.
1) Fixed a bug where E4E generated gift vouchers were not printed if using the fastpay window when selling gift
2) Fixed a problem when choosing an item code for E4E gift vouchers that was numeric. E4E wouldn't recognise it. E4E now recognises item codes for E4E gift vouchers which are numeric and alphanumeric.
3) Fixed a bug where the changes to the sales data layout were not saved for the last two sales data columns.
4) On product import if a row you were importing had a cell containing #N/A (cell error) this would cause E4E to crash. E4E now tests for this situation and warns the user, cancelling the import.
5) Corrected a bug that happened sometimes when adding products to the sale using the product search button. This bug was inadvertently introduced in v1.5.2 when correcting an issue with product codes with leading zeros.
6) Fixed a bug where if the prefix to the sale transaction number was numeric rather than alphanumeric this would cause E4E to crash. It now works for both numeric and alphanumeric transaction numbers.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.5.2 (25th May 2013)
New features / changes:
1) Added the option (on receipt settings screen) to choose whether you include the full sale tax details on the receipt or
2) Added the ability to include a user defined reference number on the receipt (receipt settings screen). If this option is enabled then when you complete a sale you will be asked for sale reference number when printing the receipt.
3) Added item price to list of items generated with item autocomplete function.
1) Fixed a problem with select items to order on pre-paid order screen. If the number of items in sale was too great then some items could end up being missed out of the order details when it was saved due to the maximum number of characters in an excel cell. Made this problem much less likely to happen by combining items with same SKU / item code.
2) Fixed a problem with prepaid orders caused by the select items form not handling alphanumeric item codes properly.
3) The captions for the column headings in the customer order files (ordersDDMMYYYY) were wrong. This is now corrected for consistency. (The wrong column headings did not affect the working of E4E)
4) When using prices excluding tax and completing a refund, that refund amount was reduced by the tax amount rather than added to the tax amount. This was caused by a bug the sales data where the 'Net Item Price After Sale
Deal/Disc' and 'Gross Item Price After Sale Deal/Disc' were always positive, even for refunds. The refund issue is now fixed and in the sales data item price after sale deal / disc are now positive for sales and negative for refunds.
5) Fixed an issue when item codes were numeric and contained leading zeros. E4E would drop the leading zeros causing problems finding the product on the product list. This is now fixed and leading zeros in items codes are saved correctly.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.5.1 (30th April 2013)
New features / changes:
1) Added a 'pre-paid order?' check box to the fast pay window.
2) Added new report 'Sales assistant total sales report'. Shows how much each sales assistant sold on each of the selected dates.
3) Added new report 'Day full transaction report'. Show details of each transaction for the specified till and date.
4) Added the option on the EPOS settings screen to disable the showing of the sale sub-total on the sales screen.
5) When creating a customer order you are now forced to include either customer email address or phone number.
6) Changed pre-paid customer order procedure. When taking payment you are now asked to select which items in the sale basket are being ordered.
7) Added new report 'Till reconciliation figures by date'. This gives a breakdown of the amounts of each payment type that were taken on the specified dates.
8) Added the ability to reprint a receipt for any previous sale if you know the transaction number.
9) Added quantity of item in stock to the item autocomplete list.
1) Fixed a problem with calculating total sales tax on the end of day till reconciliation totals. Due to a bug it used to always show 0.00 but now it shows the accurate total sales tax for the day.
2) When using the fast pay window, if you chose more payments options and then completed sale you were returned to the fast payments window rather than the sale basket. This has now been fixed.
3) Fixed various problems when choosing report dates if you are using an American date format (mm/dd/yyyy)
4) Fixed a bug which stopped the user being able to print the end of day till reconciliation figures
5) Fixed a problem with printing reports where the longer the report the smaller the print size. Now prints at a size appropriate to page width.
6) Fixed a bug where a sale memo (full payments window) of a previous sale could sometimes be copied into the current sale details when using the fast pay window.
7) Fixed a problem when using a , rather than . as decimal separator in the item price. On the current sale sheet this could cause E4E to be unable to find an item which is on the product list and therefore it not be able to add it to a sale.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.4.4 (21st January 2013)
New features / changes:
1) Added the option to update the product list price if you change an item's price when you have selected to force the user to give a reason for the discount.
1) Fixed various bugs on the payments form which were caused by changes in v1.4.2 to make E4E compatible with regional number formats.
2) Stopped user being able to change item price on the sales screen to a negative amount
3) If you changed a line on the sales screen from a refund (negative quantity) back to a sale (positive quantity) then this still left the item price as negative when it should have swapped to positive. This has now been fixed.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.4.3 (5th December 2012)
1) Fixed a bug on the add / alter product form which was introduced in v1.4.2. If you tried to enter an item code which was not numeric this caused E4E to crash and report an error. This has been fixed and no errors are now caused for alphanumeric item codes.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.4.2 (13th November 2012)
1) Added new report 'products sold sales amount'
2) Added keyboard short cuts on the add / alter product window
3) Altered the wording of the column heading 'date total sales (inc. tax)' on the 'tax by date' report
to 'date total sales (gross)'. The old wording could be misleading and imply the figure only included
sum of the taxable products gross prices where as it is made up of the sum of gross prices of both
taxable and non-taxable products sold.
1) Some users had problems on the add / alter products form as it wouldn't recognise
what was a valid number for an item price. This has now been fixed and the user is warned as they type in the
box if they type an invalid character.
2) When selling items with non-integer quantities the sale price was not always calculated correctly to take into account the fractional part of the quantity. This has now been fixed.
3) Some behind the scenes changes to the code make E4E more compatible with regional number formats
EPOS 4 Excel v1.4.1 (8th October 2012)
New features / changes:
1) Dates for reports etc. are now chosen via a calendar and not drop down menus
2) Added ability to print and redeem gift voucher. On the EPOS settings screen 'Gift voucher' is now a fixed payment type alongside cash.
3) Added a new sales data column - Vouchers - which details gift vouchers redeemed and activated.
4) In E4E reports changed references to VAT to be Tax. Also changed sale data column "Total Sale VAT" to "Total Sale Tax". This is to make language about sales tax in E4E not UK centred and applicable internationally.
5) Item prices stored in E4E can now be exclusive of sales tax as well as inclusive of sales tax. If item price is exclusive of sales tax the receipt shows exclusive item prices, a sub total, amount of sales tax to be added and then final sales total. This corresponds to standard layout for American receipts.
6) Added a new sales data column - Net Item Price Before Sale Deal/Disc - this is to allow for the fact that item prices in E4E now can include or exclude sales tax
7) Added new sales data column - Item % Tax - so if you change the % tax rate for a tax code your sales data files can record the % tax rate that linked to that tax code and applied to an item when it was sold.
8) Added a new report - tax by date and tax code - it shows the amount of sales sold under each tax code and the amount of tax for each tax code on each date between user specified dates.
9) On the narrow receipt template you can now set the height of any blank rows on the receipt to save paper. You also now set the height of the logo row by entering the row height in the box. It is necessary to set logo row height as this then allows the setting of the height of blank rows.
10) The receipt message can now contain carriage returns which means you can control the layout of the receipt message more adequately.
11) On the sales screen when the item price change box reason box is showing you can now press the enter key to select the reason and hide the box.
12) An alternative way of adding items to a sale is provided by the Item Code Autocomplete button on the sales
13) Added the ability to import sales data files and customer orders data files into your E4E installation.
14) You can now choose on the EPOS settings screen whether or not to show the till total sales on the sales
15) There is now an option to set the width of the narrow receipt template in centimetres by typing in the required number on the template.
16) Added an optional fast pay window to the payments process to make payments where customer usually gives you exact money faster.
1) Sometimes closing an E4E window using the close button (X) would cause an error. This has been fixed.
2) There was a bug in the code such that the column / row headings were not shown on the narrow receipt template but were shown on the receipt settings screen instead. This has now been fixed.
3) On the receipt settings screen it was possible to enter a non-numeric value for the number of characters to be shown on receipt template. This has now been fixed and you can only enter a whole number.
4) On the epos settings screen if you tried to change the screen lock password and then clicked cancel the old screen lock password was wiped - this is now fixed.
5) When you cleared the product list it didn't clear the stock re-order levels - this has been fixed
6) Sometimes on the search results screen columns could disappear off the screen and couldn't be viewed even though the data was there. This bug has now been fixed.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.3.1 (26th July 2012)
New features / changes:
1) Added product re-order levels and product re-order report (a negative product re-order level means that product is not included in the re-order report)
2) Added a new deal 'Buy X or more of one item and change item price to £Y' this enables you to do bulk buy discounts
3) Added the option for user to define date to be used for transaction number and sales data file name rather than using the current system date
4) This version splits the force user to give reasons for discounts option into two - force user to give reasons for sale discounts AND force user to give reasons for item price changes. Changed the way user can give reasons for item price changes can either double click item to change price or using arrow keys change it manually.
5) Added ability to view and edit customer orders from dates other than the current date.
6) When showing customer orders - you now choose which order to edit by highlighting it using arrow keys and then clicking the relevant button
7) Buttons and column headings are now static at the top of the current orders screen when you scroll down
8) Added a button so that it is possible to print out all customer orders shown on the customer orders screen to a user specified printer
9) Added a button to print out the highlighted customer order to a user specified printer on the customer orders screen
10) Added option on payments form so for refunds the items can go back into sellable stock or not - previously all refunded items had been returned to stock, but this may not always be appropriate if items are damaged.
11) Added the option to alter the name of the sales tax on the receipt to take account of global differences in names. On the receipt settings screen you can now determine what the sales tax name will be for the receipt eg. VAT, GST etc.
12) In training mode you are now asked for a till number to completely simulate the making sales process.
13) Added order statuses which enable you to determine where orders are in the process of being fulfilled and if they have been cancelled.
14) You can edit an order with a specific date / order number
15) Added the ability to search for customer orders between specific dates by specific terms / order statuses
16) Added optional (customisable) quick product buttons to the sale screen
17) You can now choose if the created sales data file is an ASCII or unicode .csv file. Unicode provides the ability to use characters from non-english languages in the sales data.
18) On the EPOS settings screen you can now assign a payment type to be automatically filled with the sale total on the payments screen.
1) Fixed a bug with the screen lock on the sales screen where the cancel button should have been disabled when asking for a password
2) E4E would always default on opening the worksheet to printing the VAT in UK £s on the receipt if EPOS currency was not UK £s. This could be annoying for anyone who is always using a different currency. E4E now keeps the last user setting for this option and does not default to to printing VAT in UK £s on the receipt.
3) If you added 100s of items to a sale basket the payments process could take an inordinate amount of time. Speeded up the payments code and also removed unnecessary code left from previous versions of E4E.
4) When choosing which columns to print on the product search results screen, the user chosen labels for description 2 and description 3 were not used. This has now been rectified.
5) The column headings on the product search results screen were not static and lost when you scrolled down through the search results. This has now been fixed and the column headings are now static.
6) Fixed a problem where if you changed the font size on the narrow or wide receipt templates this would only be retained for one sale and then it would revert back to the old settings. E4E now keeps the font size settings permanently.
7) Fixed a problem of trailing spaces being left on numbers in the sales data. Also removed trailing spaces from the lines in the sale deals/disc field and removed the carriage return that appeared at the end of this field.
8) The cells in column V on the current sales screen were not locked and so were editable / selectable by user. This has now been rectified, cells in column V on the current sale screen are now locked and not editable.
9) The reprint previous sales receipt on the sales screen did not reprint a wide sales receipt if this was being used in E4E. This is now fixed.
10) Fixed a bug with the clear button on the item details window (sales screen) which caused E4E to crash
11) Fixed a problem where if you changed the font on the sales screen where item details are added this would only be retained till the next sale. Font changes are now retained permanently.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.2.3 (24th April 2012)
New features / changes:
1) Added the ability to choose a specific date for till reconciliation totals, rather than just being able to calculate till
reconciliation totals for today. Also added total VAT for the till on the chosen date to the reconciliation totals.
2) Changed the way you alter individual item prices in a sale - Double click on an item line in the sale to bring up a
box with item fuller details. This box has the option to discount that item's price by a percentage between 0% and 100%, as well as enabling you to change individual item price. Details of the discount / price change are recorded in a
new field in the sales data (Item Price Change/Disc)
3) Added optional user security levels (sales, supervisor and administrator) with each one having a higher amount of access to E4E functions. This enables you to limit refunds, adding / editing products to a supervisor etc. Deleting products and clearing the current stock levels are limited to administrators.
4) If security levels are enabled then screen lock on the sales screen can also be removed using
sales, supervisor and administrator passwords
5) Added a new sales data field = Sale Deals/Discounts (same text that appears on the receipt which details sale
deals / discounts)
Added a new sales data field = Item Product List Price
Added a new sales data field = Item Description 2
Added a new sales data field = Item Description 3
Added a new sales data field = Item Price Change/Discount (details changes to individual item prices by sales
Also Column AB in the sales data is now no longer fixed.
6) Changed sale data column headings to reflect deal/discount distinctions (NOTE: Gross item price reflects the item's price after any individual item price changes / percentage discounts are made, not the price of the item on the
7) Sale monetary and percentage discounts are now added when you take payment and you can specify reasons. The reasons are user specified under the EPOS settings screen
8) Added option to force user to give a reason for a discount
9) Current sale screen now shows first 25 characters of item description
10) Added new reports: 1) Produce a list of all products sold between specific dates
2) Produce a list of refunds given between specific dates
3) Produce a list of total tax by date
4) Produce a list of tax by transaction
5) Produce a list of products refunded between specific dates
11) Added a print button to the product search results screen (this prints out to a user chosen printer which is
attached to the computer, but not to a receipt printer)
12) Added the option to force the user to give reasons for refunds
13) Made the control buttons at the top of the product search results static so when you scroll down so they can
always be seen
14) Added two extra description fields for products
15) Added a button to enable the user to change the active printer on the current sale screen and the receipt setting screen
16) When you change the folder for the storage location of the E4E data in the file settings you are now asked if
you wish to copy existing sales / orders data AND existing system data (product list, receipt message, deals list) across to new the new storage location
17) Added option to automatically create back-ups (*.bak) of the sales data files (found on sales data settings screen)
18) You can now use the keyboard shortcut 'Alt y' on the sales screen to 'click' the payments button
19) Sale sub-total (ie. before sale deals and discounts are added) is now displayed on the current sale screen
1) Fixed a bug where automatic prompt of checking for updates did not wait at least 31 days between update checks
2) Fixed a bug that occasionally caused an error when trying to export the current sales levels to a file
3) Fixed a bug where when you cancel changing the sales assistant name it deleted the old assistant name anyway
4) Fixed a bug where sometimes when you deleted a product from the product list it also deleted a tax class and
corresponding VAT rate
5) Problems can be caused in E4E if you try to add / import a product with an item code of '0' (zero). Fixed the code so you can no longer add / import a product with item code of '0' (zero)
6) Fixed a bug where for refunds the sale total VAT in the sales data was a positive amount and should have been negative.
7) Fixed a bug where if blank rows were left on the current sale they weren't always removed when the payments button was clicked
8) Fixed a bug with the buy X for £Y deal where E4E did not recognise if the total cost of the items in the deal was less than £Y. The deal was still applied therefore increasing the item prices so the total cost of the items in the deal was £Y. The deal is now no longer applied if the total cost of items in the deal is less than £Y.
9) Fixed a bug which could cause errors when taking payments if numbers were formatted as '0,00' rather than '0.00'. Numbers can now be formatted in both ways.
EPOS 4 Excel v1.1 (26th January 2012)
1) Added the ability to check for updates to the EPOS4Excel worksheet over the internet
2) Added option on EPOS settings screen to automatically prompt user to check for updates at start up if not done so in the last month
3) Added option to turn off showing the license screen at start up
4) Added a button on the sales screen to allow user to change the till number
5) Added the ability to print wide receipts (for ordinary printers) as well as narrow receipts (for receipt printers)
1) Fixed a bug with the 'Buy X different for £Y' deal which meant that EPOS4Excel would sometimes apply the deal even if there were X items but not X DIFFERENT items
2) Fixed a bug where the end of day till reconciliation totals did not show totals for payment type 5
3) Fixed a bug where if you used E4E to make sales continuously over a period that spanned two dates then
E4E did not update the date on the sales screen or start a new sales data file
EPOS 4 Excel v1.0.1 (14th December 2011)
1) Fixed a bug which meant that monetary and percentage discounts were not being calculated properly
EPOS 4 Excel v1.0 (8th November 2011)